[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Error

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Feb 23 09:55:15 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 18:51 +0600, Zamil S. Khan wrote:
> On using this command /openils/conf$ osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all
> I get the following error!!!
>
> "OpenSRF Router already started :
> Unable to connect router to jabber server public.localhost... exiting
> Unable to connect router to jabber server private.localhost... exiting
> Starting OpenSRF Perl
> Use of uninitialized value $@ in concatenation (.) or string
> at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/OpenSRF/Transport/SlimJabber/Client.pm
> line 152.
> Exception: OpenSRF::EX::Jabber 2010-02-23T18:49:21
> OpenSRF::Transport::SlimJabber::Client /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/OpenSRF/Transport/SlimJabber/Client.pm:152 Jabber Exception: Could not authenticate with Jabber server:"
>
> I am all out of ideas here and i have followed the documentation
> closely. I am using Ubuntu Karmic Koala. Please let me know if anyone
> faced the same problem and how to solve it.

Most likely the server was shut down without shutting down the OpenSRF
services first, and the old PID files are lying around.

Try:

rm -f /openils/var/run/*pid
osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all

... and see if that clears up the problem.

It's common enough that we should build a hint on how to resolve the
problem right into the error message (and probably return non-0 from
do_action() so that we don't try and go ahead and start the router
anyway).