[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Jabber Issues

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Jan 6 13:18:23 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 13:06 -0500, Scott Sanicki wrote:
> I am trying to install Evergreen on a virtual private server and am
> running into issues getting ejabberd working. I am following this
> guide and all goes well until testing OpenSRF when I get "Unable to
> communicate with service opensrf.math". If it helps this is my
> step-by-step, including my VPS-specific steps. Any advice appreciated.

Wow, thanks for the level of detail. That really helps a lot!

It looks like you're running into the "OpenSRF 1.2.0 doesn't support
current versions of ejabberd" problem. Until we release OpenSRF 1.2.1,
your choices are to downgrade ejabberd (as your final, "DID NOT DO"
section outlines) or to try OpenSRF rel_1_2 or OpenSRF trunk instead
(which will require an initial ./autogen.sh step prior to
running ./configure).

Downgrading ejabberd may be the easier option in the short term.