[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question on Evergreen Privliaged user transaction history

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Tue Jan 12 12:29:30 EST 2010

Hi Matt,

We're actually investigating ways to improve this ability for PINES.  Right now the only sources of this sort of information are database tables (some of which are exposed in the reports interface, but some are only accessible through direct SQL queries) and in the Evergreen logs (which exist in /openils/var/log by default, I believe).  Neither way is very efficient and both require SQL skills, specific knowledge of the database structure,  and/or a working knowledge the OpenSRF system log structure (which is not very user friendly to non-developers), not to mention direct network access to the back end of the system. As a consequence, our end users have to contact PINES staff for this sort of information at this time.

I asked on this list last month to see how other sites are handling this issue, but have not heard back.  We would be very interested in Evergreen Community collaboration on a viable front-end solution.

Chris

Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service