[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Spine Label Printers?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Jan 21 18:21:44 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Jesse Ephraim
<jephraim at roanoketexas.com> wrote:
> We are also using a Dymo TurboWriter 400 USB printer for our spine
> labels. Our only gripe is that we can't change the base font type or
> make the letters bold, but that is an Evergreen limitation, not a
> printer one.  We are just bumping up the size of the characters to make
> them more legible.

Jesse, there is a server side skin/print.css file where you can
specify fonts and text decorations, but it'd be global for all users
of your server.

Right now it contains:

.first_pre {
    page-break-after: always;
    margin-top: -0.20cm;
}

.not_first_pre {
    page-break-after: always;
}

to get around a top-margin bug with the first label printed in a batch
of labels.  You'd want to put any customizations in both of those
stanzas.  Something like:

.first_pre {
    page-break-after: always;
    margin-top: -0.20cm;
    font-size: 12pt;
    font-weight: bold;
}

.not_first_pre {
    page-break-after: always;
    font-size: 12pt;
    font-weight: bold;
}

It wouldn't take much hacking to create an org unit setting for
dynamically inserting library specific custom CSS into the labels, or
to have a textbox for such in the label interface itself.

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference!
It is being held April 20 - 23, 2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and
Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/