[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] FW: Series searching

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Wed Jul 7 10:02:51 EDT 2010

It is searchable as a keyword, but I am not certain that it is indexed as a series search. We had a question about it recently with the changes in 440/490/8xx fields and if I recall correctly, the 490 doesn't retrieve in a series search, regardless of the indicator. (I don't think it does in OCLC either). The series indexing may be locally configurable. Title searches are.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128