[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds and libraries.

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 11:26:41 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Chris Maas <chrism at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> I am helping a library consortium in Maine get up and running with Evergreen
> (everybody loves it!).  We are running 1.6.0.3.
>
> The consortium members do, however, want to restrict patrons from placing
> holds on anything but items from their own library.  Can someone please let
> me know if that's possible, and if so, how to make this happen?

It depends on your organizational hierarchy and what exactly you're
looking to accomplish, so I'll give you an example using the stock,
out-of-the-box setup.

If you wanted to restrict holds across the board to within one system,
such that items could never transit between systems, you'd want to set
the "Holds: Hard Boundary" to 1 at the consortium level.  If you
wanted to do that a the branch level then you would set "Holds: Hard
Boundary" to 2.  The number here is the depth of the org unit type as
defined by the org unit type configuration in the global server
settings.

Hope that helps!

--
Mike Rylander