[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Rookie Questions... Looking for help!

Timothy Patterson tim at fairgrove.lib.mi.us
Tue Jul 13 09:29:15 EDT 2010

Greetings all!  I am new to the Evergreen scene, but am not new to the open
source world.  Evergreen appears to be an amazing project that is headed
down the right path.  As such, we have decided to pilot Evergreen as a
potential replacement for our very old and aging Winnebago Spectrum catalog
system.

Since I am new to the Evergreen world, I have a few questions...  I hope
someone will take the time to help me out!

   1. I have Evergreen installed on a single-server system.  Since our
   library is only composed of one branch, how should I set up my
   organizational tree inside of Evergreen?  Should I only have one entry?
   Some entries will not delete...
      1. I have tried running autogen, but as you can see it did not seem to
      work correctly...
      opensrf at evergreen:~$ /openils/bin/autogen.sh -c
      /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u
      Updating Evergreen organization tree and IDL using
      '/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml'

      Updating fieldmapper
      Exception: OpenSRF::EX::Session 2010-07-11T21:48:46
      OpenSRF::Utils::SettingsClient
      /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/OpenSRF/Utils/SettingsClient.pm:103 Session
      Error: router at private.localhost/opensrf.settings IS NOT CONNECTED TO
      THE NETWORK!!!
      2. When I try to delete certain "factory installed" elements out of my
      organizational tree (both from the staff client and the CGI
scripts), these
      elements will not delete.  They will disappear, then reappear.  Quite
      strange.
   2. Does anyone out there have any experience migrating from the Winnebago
   Spectrum system?  I do not anticipate it being too hard if I can get the
   export data out in the correct format for Evergreen.
   3. I have installed Evergreen on Debian Lenny 5.0.4 by following the
   directions on the open-ils web site to a "t".  Is there anything additional
   that I need to do to complete my setup?

Any help, suggestions, or insight will be most definitely appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Timothy J. Patterson
Technology Coordinator
Novell Certified Linux Engineer