[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Why is Placing a Hold on Volume Level not possible in the OPAC ?

Repke de Vries repke at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 4 11:28:15 EDT 2010

while it is possible from the Staff Client. Or did we miss something ?

Here is a screenshot of what we mean:

http://screencast.com/t/Y2Q4MDFjMzMt

with the example taken from Windsor University's law collection: "The
Italian Yearbook" that is in our collection as well and served as one
of our evaluation set ups in Evergreen.

It seems that a patron that needs a particular bound volume can not
place such a Volume Hold in the OPAC though the Staff Client has that
functionality for staff.
 From the Staff Client it shows up nicely as "Volume Hold" (and not
"Title Hold") on the Holds Pull List but one would expect that a
patron can do so him / her self in the OPAC.

Otherwise, if a library has closed stacks, anything that is a serial
can not have a Hold placed from the OPAC.

Any suggestions or advice ? Change the OPAC code ?

Thanks, Repke de Vries, PPL (International Court of Justice, the Hague)