[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about Bookbags and Server Space

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Jun 4 12:41:31 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 12:25 -0400, Mike Rylander wrote:

> >  Can
> > bookbags expire after a certain length of time based on type of patron
> > (staff bookbags last forever where as patron bookbags expire after so many
> > months)?
> >

> They can not today.  However, one could use the Action/Trigger
> infrastructure (with no core changes, just local code) to make this
> happen.

Hmm, interesting approach! It wouldn't be my default approach to
tackling the problem due to my continuing lack of familiarity/comfort
with A/T, but I can see how having the event definition listed and the
parameters editable through the staff client would be preferable to
cronned SQL script hiding away in the depths of a server somewhere.

I suspect Action/Trigger is still enough of a mystery to most people
that a blog post on how to make a custom rule like this work in practice
would be quite valuable. </beg></plead>