[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] marc2bre.pl Modification

SIMON at hslc.org SIMON at hslc.org
Fri Jun 4 15:02:31 EDT 2010

Hello -

We are investigating using VuFind as the OPAC front end to our Evergreen
system.  VuFund requires a permanent unique 001 tag in each MARC record.
Because the 001 tags in our records are not consistent, we would like to move
the contents of each record's 001 tag to some other tag (most likely the 035)
and insert the system-generated record ID number into the 001 tag during the
marc2bre.pl processing phase.  Has anyone done this or can you suggest Perl
code for accomplishing this?  Thank you very much for your help.

Alan

Alan Simon                                      EMAIL: simon at accesspa.org
ACCESS PA Support                               VOICE: (215) 222-1532
3600 Market Street, Suite 550                     FAX: (215) 222-0416
Philadelphia, PA  19104