[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Thomas Edward's problem installing Evergreen 1.6.0.4

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Jun 6 21:25:47 EDT 2010

Hi Thomas:

(I changed the subject to bring it on topic) - see below for the
reason for your install failure.

On 6 June 2010 19:12, Thomas Edward <thomaedward at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Development Team,
>
> OS: ubuntu server 9.10, Postrgesql: 8.4.
>
> OpenSRF 1.2. installed just fine.
>
> Problem with installation of Evergreen server 1.6.0.4 as per wiki
> http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server:1.6.0:install  No 3,
> Part I
>
> [psql -f /usr/share/postgresql/8.3/contrib/pgxml.sql   evergreen].  I
> replaced 8.3 with 8.4.   The error I get is described in
> http://paste.lisp.org/display/99049

A few days ago I committed
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/16561 to resolve a problem
that effectively prevented a new install of Evergreen 1.6.0.4 from
being able to succeed. That certainly explains part of what you're
seeing, although I'm surprised by the pgxml.so loading error - that
suggests something wrong with your PostgreSQL install (maybe try
purging and reinstalling the postgresql-contrib-8.4 package to take
care of some possible file corruption?)

The lack of a working stable release tarball suggests that we should
package up a working 1.6.0.5 in the near future; it's hard to have a
good evaluation experience if you can't get the product working in the
first place!