[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: Implementation

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon at branflakes.net
Fri Jun 11 15:55:19 EDT 2010

In earlier versions of Evergreen, there was a driver for handling
credit card payments from authorize.net, an (apparently) well-known
credit card payment manager in the US. That wouldn't work for us in
Canada, so I haven't followed that part of the development; maybe
someone south of the 49th would know more about that part of
Evergreen's functionality.

The beauty with open source software is that, if handling payments
through a particular bank or payment processor is important to you,
you can develop the necessary software to make Evergreen interface
with that bank if you have the necessary expertise, or consider it
part of the expense of migrating to have that functionality developed
by outside professionals.

~B

Quoting Lori Bowen Ayre <lori.ayre at galecia.com>:

> There is a fee for migration IF you hire someone to help you with
> that!  Remember, none of the software costs money so you are only
> paying for services you decide you need.  There are a number of
> options for getting help with migration, conversion, implementation,
> planning, etc (Equinox, ByWater, PTFS, Alpha-G to name the ones I know
> of).
>
> You may have to pay your current vendor in order to extract your data
> but you should talk to your current vendor about that.  Sometimes
> there are workaround to that as well....
>
> I'll let someone else address your other questions about the features
> and how well those particular features work.
>
> Lori
>
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Georgette Rogers
> <GRogers at libertylakewa.gov> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> For anyone who has implimented the Evergreen system, is there a fee of any
>> type?  Monthly, yearly, etc.  How was the transfer of data from one system
>> to another?  How well does the system work for paying fines and using
>> debit/credit cards?  Any issues with that.
>>
>> Thank you very much,
>>
>> Georgette
>>
>> Georgette Rogers
>> Circulation Supervisor
>> Liberty Lake Municipal Library
>> 23123 E  Mission Ave
>> Liberty Lake, WA 99019
>> 509-435-0778
>> 1-866-729-8507

Brandon W. Uhlman
President, Lillooet-Camelsfoot TV and Radio Association
641 Victoria St, PO Box 2325
Lillooet, BC   V0K 1V0

(250) 256-7541 | brandon at branflakes.net