[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Costs/Staff training/testing

Sally Fortin sfortin at esilibrary.com
Tue Jun 15 12:24:47 EDT 2010

Hi,

Regarding the discussion about training, there are companies, in
addition to my employer, Equinox, that provide training on the Evergreen
ILS.  Lyrasis and Alpha-G come to mind, as well as Dan Scott of
Laurentian University, although I’m sure there are others that also
offer training.   I joined Equinox Software in December 2009 as the
Educational Services Manager.  In addition to its System Administration
and Migration training, ESI also offers comprehensive training on all
modules of the ILS for a variety of audiences, from those who are
testing Evergreen to long time users who need refresher training.

ESI is currently redesigning our training website to include more
information about our training programs and drop-in classes.  For some
of these classes, interested clients will be able to register and pay
for classes online.  I’ll be posting an announcement on the list soon
that will direct you to that site and the training information that will
be available there.

If you have questions about training, you can contact us at
training at esilibrary.com. <mailto:training at esilibrary.com>  We are happy
to customize a plan for any library!

Thanks,
Sally

--
Sally Fortin
Educational Services Manager
Email:  sfortin at esilibrary.com
Fax:    1-866-497-6390

Please come by and visit the Equinox team and learn more about
Evergreen, Koha, and open source options
ALA Annual meeting in Washington, DC
June 24-28, 2010
booth # 1303