[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Training Suggestions

Lemmer, Catherine clemmer at library.IN.gov
Tue Mar 2 12:12:58 EST 2010

Sally
Will post the times and dates of the classes somewhere?
Catherine

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org
Sally Fortin
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 11:52 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Training Suggestions

Equinox Software also offers a comprehensive program of customized
on-site
and online training for libraries.  Also, beginning this month, I will
begin offering online classes to introduce library staff to Evergreen
modules.  Registration for these classes is open to the public and is
not
intended for a specific library.  If you have questions or would like
more
information, please feel free to contact me directly via email at
sfortin at esilibrary.com, or send an email to training at esilibrary.com.

Thanks,
Sally Fortin
Educational Services Manager
Equinox Software, Inc.

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:28:57 -0600, <scrlheadlib at mts.net> wrote:
> Tsuga Library has some excellent on-line videos.  Mary
>

> From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org
Of
> Debbie Hensler
> Sent: February 25, 2010 4:53 PM
> To: Evergreen Discussion Group
> Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Training Suggestions
>

> I'm also interested in responses to this question.
>
> In addition, I'd like to hear if anyone has experience with online
training
> for Evergreen. Has anyone created online training courses to use for
> initial, new staff, or refresher training?
>
> Thanks,
> Debbie
> ________________________________
> Deborah Hensler
> AccessPA ILS Trainer
> Office: 412.517.8388
> Cell: 412.258.0372
> HSLC/AccessPA office: 215.222.1532
> hensler at hslc.org
>
> Caroline Derksen wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm the newly appointed area librarian at the Williams Lake Branch.
Our
> library, as well as our network, the Cariboo Library Network (CLN),
are
> scheduled to go live with Evergreen in May of this year.
>
> The CLN is an integrated public library system that currently provides
> library services to residents of the regional district through 3 Area
> Branches (serving Williams Lake, Quesnel and One hundred Mile House)
and
13
> Community Branches (very small location
>  s open around 10 hours a week in rural areas).
>
> In anticipation of training, I'd just like to hear if anyone has
advice
or

--
Sally Fortin
Educational Services Manager
Equinox Software Inc. / The Evergreen Experts
Tel:    770-709-5572
Email:  sfortin at esilibrary.com
Fax:    1-866-497-6390

Equinox will be at the 2010 Public Library Association
Conference in Portland, Oregon, March 23-27.
Please come by and see us in booth #1407!