[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: Evergreen Cataloguing Module Help Question - Forgot some detail

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Wed Mar 17 10:05:01 EDT 2010

On the entering of characters, it may also be possible to enter them
in with ALT codes (or Unicode Hex Codes with a registry edit). This
requires you to memorize or have a cheat sheet of codes, though, and
thus would only be really useful for ones you find yourself entering
frequently.

If you open the Windows Character Map and find the characters you want
to enter there you can select them. In the status bar at the bottom it
may have a "Keystroke:" with an ALT+####. If you hold down the ALT key
and hit those 4 digits on the number pad it will likely enter the
character you want. You can also use character map to copy them to the
clipboard instead of word.

If the characters you want aren't showing Keystroke: commands then
there are other ways of doing it, the best way I think exists on all
versions of windows from at least XP on but requires a registry edit
to enable. I haven't fully researched it, though I can dig up the
required information if wanted.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium