[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Installing CPAN Error

Joe Atzberger jatzberger at esilibrary.com
Wed Mar 31 16:43:53 EDT 2010

Yeah, try updating CPAN (sudo cpan; upgrade CPAN) to get a fresher mirror
list.  Then give it more and better mirrors to choose from.  Also be sure to
check firewall issues, since your connection is getting refused, not just a
DNS error or no response.

Sometimes it helps to install helper programs that CPAN uses, like wget and
curl, and then tell cpan about them via o conf (or the longer config the
first time you use CPAN).

--Joe