[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Drupal vs. Joomla

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Mon May 10 17:04:51 EDT 2010

Hello Hillary,

Most of the high profile projects I follow are Drupal based (XC Catalog, SOPAC 2.0, Islandora etc.) and everybody I know who is running Evergreen and who is using (or considering using) one of those two systems has selected Drupal. I do know for sure there are at least 5+ Evergreen libraries that also use Drupal, so personally I'd see more happening with Evergreen + Drupal.

George
George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque de RNCan

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Hilary Caws-Elwitt
Sent: May 10, 2010 16:39
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Drupal vs. Joomla

Hi all,

We're one of the Pennsylvania public libraries that are transitioning from III Millennium to Evergreen within the next year. Our website is built on Joomla, which I'm happy with and have been using forever (since it was Mambo!). But I've put off for far too long migrating to J 1.5. Is it worth considering biting the bullet and migrating to Drupal instead?
It would be a lot of work, but it seems like the Evergreen community, as well as the library world in general, sees Drupal as the CMS of choice.
I saw the Drupal module which authenticates against Evergreen, which could be incredibly useful. Opinions/advice? Thanks in advance!

Hilary Caws-Elwitt, Systems&  Public Services Librarian Community Information Network Administrator/Programmer Susquehanna County Library, 2 Monument Sq, Montrose PA 18801 Phone 570-278-1881 -- Fax 570-278-9336 info at susqcolibrary.org -- http://www.susqcolibrary.org info at susquehannaCIN.net -- http://www.susquehannaCIN.net