[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Web Site Strategy

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at mnsu.edu
Fri Nov 5 13:00:08 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,
An announcement to the list detailing the work of the Evergreen
Communication Committee and its Website Interest Group was sent out
early October. We promised that both of these groups would be seeking
feedback from the community. As promised, the Website Interest Group
(WIG) is interested in your thoughts about and ideas for the Evergreen
website.

WIG has started the brainstorming and planning process for the long-term
vision for the Evergreen website. We're looking for community feedback
on our strategic plan and requirements. Our first draft is below and
we'd like to know what the community wants to see in the Evergreen
website. Suggestions for things that should be added, taken away or
changed in our initial list of ideas are most welcome.

Strategic Goal #1: Provide an easy-to-use, comprehensive portal for the
community of Evergreen users, future users, and developers

Requirement: Provide a community platform to foster relationships
between and among existing and future Evergreen users, libraries, and
administrators
Requirement: Provide a centralized location for Evergreen feature
information, documentation, and software downloads.
Requirement: Provide a searchable directory of willing Evergreen
community members and mentors.

Strategic Goal #2: Encourage growth of a healthy developer community

Requirement: Provide an effective platform for Evergreen developers to
communicate with each other and with Evergreen users
Requirement: Provide technical information needed by current and future
Evergreen developers
Requirement: Provide a mechanism for Evergreen users to share
development plans, co-sponsor development projects, and submit
development requests and bug reports
Requirement: Provide opportunities for developers to get acknowledgement
for their efforts on behalf of the Evergreen community.

Strategic Goal #3: Facilitate development of multi-faceted support
network for Evergreen users.

Requirement: Provide an effective platform that allows for multiple
Evergreen support channels and relationships
Requirement: Provide a directory of entities providing services to
Evergreen users.
Requirement: Ensure the barrier is low for communicating directly with
developers and other Evergreen users

Strategic Goal #4: Encourage widespread adoption of Evergreen by the
library community worldwide.

Requirement: Provide a centralized location for information about
Evergreen news and information
Requirement: Provide evaluation, comparison, funding, and
migration-related information for potential Evergreen implementers