[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Serials in alpha4

Repke de Vries repke at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 5 13:24:54 EDT 2010

Dear Kathy

here at IISH ( http://www.iisg.nl) a team of testers has been sinking
its teeth in alpha4 Serials Management as well - even without the
help of the release notes you are mentioning: thanks for the pointer !!

Like you we hit stumbling blocks and will contact you off list the
coming Monday [1] if  we can work together getting a basic grip on
functionality: right now it is complete trial and error here in
Amsterdam.  This "documentation would help testing would help
feedback to the [Serials, Acquisition] developers" issue was also
raised at the EG IRC Developers meeting last Tuesday.

Right now I wish to bring up a related issue and would like to ask
Dan Wells or Lebbeous (sorry: don't know your first name) the following:

is there a command line MFHD importing script yet that will populate
all the Serials Management related database tables ?

That would fast track functionality testing and down the road I guess
your library Dan (Wells) would need to import legacy MFHD data just
as much as IISH needs to do so for that part of our collection where
the "raw MFHD record editing" [2] approach is not enough.

Thanks, Repke Eduard de Vries, IISH

[1] also impressed with your work here Kathy:  http://
masslnc.cwmars.org/node/2039  (to the extent that we have access)
[2] we are well aware of Dan Scott's work here: http://svn.open-
ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Open-ILS/tests/datasets/README  ;
works fine but not for all of our serials collection

Op 5-nov-2010, om 16:19 heeft Kathy Lussier het volgende geschreven: