[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Serials in alpha4

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Fri Nov 5 14:36:15 EDT 2010

I'm afraid I don't personally have an answer Repke's or Tim's question
about MFHD import, however I may have information that will help Kathy.

Kathy,

Starting from a record in the catalog, try clicking Actions for this
Record -> Alternate Serials Control.  The only big omission from this
interface versus the one you've been trying is that this one has no real
support for binding serial items into larger units (as might be done to
academic journals).

 From there, you should have a chance to create a new subscription.
After creating a subscription, click the the blue link you see in the ID
column to start editing the details (distributions, stream,
caption/pattern and issuances) of the subscription, proceeding in a
left-to-right fashion across the tabs.

When you get to issuances, you'll have to create at least one manual
issuance before Generate Predictions can work.

If you can get through it and get generate predictions to work, the
batch receive interface or the Items tab under "Serials Control View"
should equally make receiving possible.

I realize the four paragraphs above hardly constitute meaningful
documentation, but a walkthrough-style document or screen video for the
"alternate serials control" interfaces may be available soon.

Hope this helps!

Lebbeous