[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Problem installing opensrf 1.2.3 on Karmic

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Nov 7 12:23:13 EST 2010

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 09:24:54AM +0200, chigwagwap at msu.ac.zw wrote:

> Dear All
>
> i m trying to install opensrf 1.2.3 on kamic and i m getting an error message
>
> RPC failed on the node ejabberd at libserver: {'EXIT',
>                                             {badarg,
>                                              [{erlang,port_control,
>                                                [stringprep_port,1,
>                                                 "private.localhost"]},
>                                               {stringprep,control,2},
>                                               {jlib,nameprep,1},
>                                               {ejabberd_auth,auth_modules,1},
> {ejabberd_auth,is_user_exists,2},
>                                               {ejabberd_auth,try_register,3},
>                                               {ejabberd_ctl,process,1},
>                                               {rpc,'-handle_call/3-fun-0-',
>                                                5}]}}
> upon trying to register router and opensrf users.
> What  am i suppposed to do

The error message makes it sound like there might be a configuration
error in your ejabberd.cfg file in the 'hosts' clause. Could you copy
and paste that section of your ejabberd.cfg file into a reply? Are you
able to stop and start ejabberd?

I should also note that there's not much reason to install OpenSRF 1.2.3
anymore, unless you're just upgrading an existing system. OpenSRF 1.6.x
is even the recommended version for Evergreen 1.6 now (I'm about to
update the downloads page accordingly).