[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Sample records to experiment with migration

David Cirella decirella at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 22:36:32 EST 2010

Hello all,

I've been following the list for a bit, I am an MLS student interested
in experimenting with a local installation of Evergreen.  I have been
exploring the documentation and planning for installation.  I am
wondering if there is sample data available for testing the system.  I
found some information on the wiki
[http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=advocacy:demonstration_data]
about using the script to create fake patron records and loading
sample bibliographic data that is included with the install.

While these look like good options for experimenting with the system,
I would like to explore the processes of loading existing patron,
bibliographic, and item records but doing this outside of a library I
do not have access to any data.  Are people primarily experimenting
with Evergreen from within organizations where they have access to
existing data (records, etc) or is there a source for sample data that
would mimic the process of loading existing data from another ILS?

Thanks
David Cirella