[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Web Site Strategy

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Thu Nov 11 15:14:03 EST 2010

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the thorough responses.  Without addressing anything else, let me
just clarify one misunderstanding you may have.  The Communication Committee
has initiated a three pronged offensive and "WIG" or the Web Team (and the
subject of these guidelines) is just one.  The Web Team's goal is to to
identify all the Evergreen user groups that are stakeholders in the
evergreen-ils.org website, to undertake a needs assessment process, perform
a content inventory, and to develop a plan for revamping the
evergreen-ils.org website according to what we find. We weren't really
thinking of touching Launchpad so much as thinking about the role of
Launchpad and interfacing with Launchpad vis-a-vis everything else we learn.
 That's one focus of work being done by the Communication Committee.

Another subset of us are pursing the very items you describe in your Web
Site Implementation Group (thanks for suggesting a name for that team!).
 This group will be working on the current site and seeing what can be done
to make improvements in the near term. This group will also benefit from the
longer term process being undertaken by the WIG but won't be limited by
that.

The third prong is general Communications issues.  We will be suggesting
some draft guidelines for group communications (i.e. you have accepted
responsiblity to accomplish something for the community....how to you
communicate, where do you put stuff, etc) so that other group don't have to
crash and burn like the Web Team did in our first foray into that muddy
water!  Again, those will be draft guidelines and we will be seeking
feedback.

And just FYI to everyone, here is where the Communication/Web Team is
living:
http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen_community_web_team_planning_committee_page

I'll let others chime in with thoughts on your other comments.

Lori