[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Web Site Strategy

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Fri Nov 12 14:15:41 EST 2010

I appreciate this input Robert.  I think we raised some red flags when we
said "Provide an effective platform for developers to communicate with each
and with users."  We shouldn't have said "provide." It is implies it nothing
now exists and that's not what we meant to say. We really had more of a
"supplement as needed" or "provide users clear instructions about how to
communicate with developers" or "create some ties between general
discussions of features users are interested in and then actually moving
them over to the place that an actual feature request might live" or
.....???

Let me be clear....we really don't have any intention of messing with the
developers IRC  channel or how developers communicate with each other (nor
those users who use IRC), nor the role of Launchpad for tracking bugs and
feature requests.

Very useful suggestions. Much appreciated!

Lori