[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Updated Evergreen web site menus

Steve Wills steve.wills at lyrasis.org
Thu Nov 18 08:34:34 EST 2010

It is interesting that this one piece of reorganization enhances the usefulness of the community/communications portion of evergreen-ils.org significantly.

Moving through the entries and dropping into the blog reveals to me one of the problems I have always had with the existing collection of sites.
Evergreen-ils.org is a collection of sites that has always felt disjointed to me.  Where was the "source of authority"?

This is the amorphous feeling that has always prevailed in the back of my mind while using the site.

One can see it more tangibly now by going through the site and dropping into the official blog.  Suddenly, the header and menus change as you drop into the wordpress blog.
While one can use the back button, there is still a intangible cue in the surfers mind that one are no longer in the same place and reading a unified message.

For me, THAT is the problem I have always wanted to solve and it is tempting as a web developer to want to start from scratch.  I think this was a very helpful enhancement, Dan.

Stev3