[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Setting up a two library consortia system between US and Europe

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Thu Nov 18 13:43:57 EST 2010

Hi Yamil,

Wow, that sounds like it would be pretty cool to implement!  I'd
definitely be careful about how your policies were configured, circ
transits and hold requests across the ocean might come off a bit
complicated, heh...

I would worry about latency over such a great distance, wherever your
server isn't, you'd get some slowness.  I'm not sure if it's possible to
get better performance if you had Evergreen servers at either end
talking to a single database server.  Your performance might still
suffer for the Evergreen frontend server that had further to reach the
database.

Still, interesting idea!  Hope you get more feedback from others on this.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator