[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Floating collections

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue Nov 23 19:50:13 EST 2010

Hi George,

What we mean by "floating collections" are those collections that stay at
whatever library (or branch) to which they are returned, instead of being
returned to the owning library.

Sometimes this is accomplished by using a collection code or perhaps setting
the owning library to "float" so wherever such items are returned becomes
their new (temporary) home.

Lori

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Duimovich, George <
George.Duimovich at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca> wrote:

> Well, I actually had to double check the meaning of the phrase, since it's
> not used in our library context and I was curious..
>
> So I can't actually help you there, but for others like me, I found this
> quick ppt useful - now obvious of course.
>

> http://www.cla.ca/conference/2008/presentation/Quigley-CLA%20presentation%20on%20floating%20collections%202008.ppt
>

> Great idea.
>
> George
> NRCan Library