[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: Draft rules of governance for Evergreen Software Foundation - for discussion

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Oct 6 17:41:53 EDT 2010

 Hi Dan,

Under Section 2.2 (Eligibility),

Part (b) states: "An individual library may become a Member even though
it is part of a consortium that is a Member if the library demonstrates
that it contributes to Evergreen in a significant and sustained way,
other than being a member of the consortium that is running Evergreen."

Part (c) states: "An individual person may become a Member even though
he/she represents or is affiliated with a business or organization that
is a Member if the individual demonstrates that he/she contributes to
Evergreen in a significant and sustained way, other than the way the
business or organization is contributing to Evergreen."

Part (d) states: "Membership eligibility is an individual determination.
While contributions made in the course of employment will be considered,
they will generally be ascribed to the individuals involved, rather than
accruing to all employees of a “contributing” corporation. The
Nomination and Membership Development Committee will oversee membership
applications."

--

Based on part (b) and part (c), with an example scenario: let's say Ms.
Jane Smith works as a system administrator for the Magical Library,

Just curious for some clarification on how to classify memberships
according to the draft.

Thanks,

Ben

--