[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Draft rules of governance for Evergreen Software Foundation - for discussion

Steve Wills steve.wills at lyrasis.org
Thu Oct 7 15:18:24 EDT 2010

Dan Said:

"Right, there are no barriers to participating in the community. You
don't have to be a member of the Foundation to monitor the mailing lists
/ read blogs and newsletters / watch the commit log, or to start
contributing to the community. That openness to participation won't
change if/when the Evergreen Software Foundation is formalized; if it
does, then I won't want to be a member of that foundation."

Which got me thinking about the Timberline Foundation which might be dedicated to
banning all knowledge and contributions to Evergreen.  I'm way too busy, however and
the air is getting kinda thin up here.

Coming back down to earth it seems as if we would want as many avenues toward support
of the community as we can foster.  It would be helpful, however, for those members who
qualify in multiple ways to be clear when they are representing an ou and when they are
speaking as an individual.  Personally speaking, that is.

Stev3