[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Acquisitions and Invoices

Tim Spindler tjspindler at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 16:13:39 EDT 2010

I'll have to say you are loosing me a bit because I don't know the details
of the EDI standard and I'm struggling as an intermediary between our users.
I'm not an acquisitions person and I am not entirely familiar with the daily
workflow.

In any case, the software we are currently using for acquisitions does
automatically retrieve status information and invoices when it is updated by
the vendor on their site.   Additional, the vendors generally ship a paper
invoice with the items.  I believe it does have a unique key to correspond
to the electronic INVOIC but I need to confirm this.  In any case, our
libraries are looking for a work flow that would allow them to update the
status of the order information through the standard EDI process (which it
sounds like this is what Evergreen acquisitions will do).  When they
physically receive the items, they want to be able to take the paper invoice
or packing slip after confirming that everything has arrived and match it to
an INVOIC which they could then with a single click mark all items received
based on the contents of the INVOIC.

Will Evergreen acquisitions have this functionality?  It sounds like it does
not as currently being developed.  The only way to mark items received is by
receiving the entire PO or selecting line items in the PO and marking theme
received.

Tim

--
Tim Spindler