[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How to join the IRC channel (was: Community IRC Meeting (was: Reminder: Developer IRC Meeting, Tuesday October 19))

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Oct 18 17:29:44 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 02:16:51PM -0700, Lori Bowen Ayre wrote:
> Dan,
>
> That makes a  big difference!  I would absolutely want to be part of a
> "Community Meeting" but not necessarily a Developer's meeting unless I was
> just curious.

Good, that's exactly why we thought the name should be changed; more
participation and more communication. Slowly but surely we'll sort
things out, eh?

> I wonder how many people know how   participate in an IRC meeting?  For
> those of you without the software required to participate in an IRC chat
> (which would be "IRC client software), feel free to jump in via this
> web-based widget at http://rscel.evergreen-ils.org/people/chat/rscel.

Right, that's the same widget we have linked to from
http://evergreen-ils.org/irc.php ("Chat" in the top menu) for a few
years now. We also provide context for the IRC channel, such as the list
of Who's Who (to match nicknames to the real identities of community
members) and links to the logs for the channel, from that same page,
which might be helpful to people who are new to IRC.