[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] sub libraries

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Sep 6 15:21:54 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 14:24 +0200, Marjolein Kremer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the organizational units structure, is there a limit to the number of sub libraries that can be made?

Hi Marjolein:

To my knowledge, there's no effective limit. There are library
consortiums with around 300 branches (sub libraries) listed in a single
instance, for example. Of course, those are spread through a number of
systems in the organizational hierarchy; for example:

Consortium
  * System 1
    * Branch 1
    * Branch 2
  * System 2
    * Branch 3
    * Branch 4
      * Sub-library a
      * Sub-library b

I'm not sure that anybody has tried creating 300 branches all under a
single system, for example.

How many were you thinking of creating, and in what sort of structure?

Dan