[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] sub libraries

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 09:29:51 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Marjolein Kremer <mkr at iisg.nl> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> It would look like this:
>
> Consortium IISG
>   System 1: IISG
>      Branch 1: IISG
>          Sub-Library :a (collection code)
>      Branch 2: NEHA
>
> The IISH uses 1300 collection codes. We would like to use the Sub-Library level for them if that is possible.

There are consequences to using OUs in that way that may be
suboptimal, the most important being that you'll get transits to those
sub-libs if you check in at "Branch 1", and you'll have to have a
workstation registered at each sub-lib to take the items out of
transit.

I would suggest using shelving locations for collection codes, as they
are a closer conceptual match unless you have 1300 physical locations.

--miker

--
Mike Rylander