[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Policy for listing Evergreen support and service companies on the wiki?

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue Sep 7 20:58:08 EDT 2010

Dan,

I did some research on service providers and came up with a few more names
(see below).  I included services offered (meaning they want to provide
these services but aren't doing so necessarily yet), and then indicated
which services they have provided so far.  I was also thinking of adding a
library reference (fyi: this is from another website I have some
responsibility for at os-ol.org) which would be useful if some libraries
would be willing to be references.

It might be cool (now I'm being an EG Web Committee member)  to list all
service providers who wish to be listed, and then have a way for libraries
to include themselves as a customer.  The library customer could check off
which of the offered services they received.  That way, people could contact
them for a reference.

Lori

*The following U.S. organizations provide services to Koha or Evergreen
customers (or hope to be soon)*

*Alpha-G* (http://www.alphagconsulting.com/)

   - Services offered: Data extraction, development, migration, support,
   implementation, hosting
   - Services provided for Evergreen: data extraction

*Backstage Library Works* (http://www.bslw.com/migration/)

   - Services offered: Data clean-up, migration (with Alpha-G)
   - Services provided for Evergreen: Data clean-up

*ByWater Solutions* (http://bywatersolutions.com/)

   - Services offered: Migration, implementation, support, hosting,
   training.
   - Services provided for Evergreen: Installation, migration
   - Services provided for Koha: Installation, hosting, migration, support,
   migration, installation and configuration, training.

*Cherry Hill Company *(http://chillco.com/)

   - Services offered: Installation, hosting, custom development.

*Equinox Software, Inc.* (http://esilibrary.com/<http://www.esilibrary.com/>
)

   - Services offered: Development, migration, implementation, support,
   hosting, training.
   - Services provided for Evergreen: Development, migration,
   implementation, support, hosting, training.
   - Services provided for Koha: data migration, hosting, support.

*Libdata (*http://www.libdata.com/)

   - Services offered:  Installation, hosting, support, training, migration.

*LYRASIS* (http://www.lyrasis.org/)

   - Services in the works: Support, implementation, hosting, migration,
   training, development.

 *PTFS/Liblime* (http://www.liblime.org/)

   - Services provided for Koha: support, implementation, hosting,