[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds Aging

Knapp, Wendy wknapp at library.IN.gov
Wed Sep 8 11:57:09 EDT 2010

Hi Joan,

In our consortium of 72 libraries (live), libraries can place 6-month age protection on their new items.  Some choose to use it just for the popular materials, but not things like nonfiction.  That's up to library.  Both library staff and patrons are happy with this arrangement, since the materials stay with the home library's patrons for that timeframe.

Let me know if you have more questions on this.

Wendy

Wendy Knapp
Professional Development Office
Indiana State Library
140 North Senate Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46204
317-232-3718
Fax: 317-232-0002
From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Joan Kranich
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 11:51 AM
To: open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds Aging

Hello,

We are a large consortium and considering using the Holds Aging for our holds.   If you use Holds Aging , can you tell me about your experience?  Do you use it for all new material or just specific formats?  Are staff and patrons happy with the process?  Do you use the 3 month setting for filling holds within your library first?

Thanks.

Joan

Joan Kranich
C/W MARS Member Services