[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] sub libraries

Marjolein Kremer mkr at iisg.nl
Thu Sep 9 06:08:47 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestion of using the shelving location. It seems to be the proper way to do it.
The collection codes are used to keep a collection that was brought in as a whole together under one name. Items are not always placed together. So it is important to link the code to an individual item. We want to know if the shelving location connects to a marc 21 field (852 c).

We have another question concerning the library tree. In our case we have this situation: We are an institution incorporating 10 libraries. The libraries do not physically exist. The cataloger must be able to catalog the material of all these libraries using one workstation.

Can we do:

Branch 1: IISH
	Sub-Library 1:IISG
	Sub-Library 2:NEHA

Or should we use:

System 1:IISH
	Branch 1:IISG
	Branch 2:NEHA

Or System and Sub libraries?

We are not really sure what the System does.

Marjolein