[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** troubles with new 1.6.1.2 installation

Alan Krueger alan at trigonic.com
Fri Sep 10 00:30:59 EDT 2010

  On 9/3/2010 10:52 AM, Dan Scott wrote:

> You're doing a great job of troubleshooting so far! What I've found on
> Debian Squeeze is that memcached is picky about its listening address;
> so even though "localhost' and '127.0.0.1' should resolve to the same
> thing, on Squeeze I had to change the memcached entry in opensrf.xml
> to 127.0.0.1:11211
>
> Try making that change, then restarting all of the OpenSRF processes,
> and see if that resolves the problem.
Amazingly enough, that did it.

I exported the holdings from Follett and tried to import them into
Evergreen.  The import progress screen kept going for multiple days and
then hung at 98%.  Viewing the upload queue, it looks like it imported
everything, but even though I selected the option to import holdings, it
doesn't look like that took.

Plus, the version of Follett we're licensed for doesn't seem to have any
way to export barcode information.  Even if I could get the actual
assets imported into Evergreen, it appears they would be without
barcodes.  I really don't like the thought of having to re-enter twelve
thousand barcodes into the system manually.