[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** troubles with new 1.6.1.2 installation

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Fri Sep 10 15:44:11 EDT 2010

Hi Alan,

In my experience, the only way to find out what's going wrong is to look in the Evergreen logs.  On a default installation these will exist in /openils/var/log and the one you're probably looking for is "open-ils.ingest-unix.log", though you might check "vandelay_unix.log" as well.  You might tail -f those logs while you try an import to see what's going wrong.

I've also noticed there are some import utilities in the "extras" directory in the downloaded source (you might have to view the source in some cases to know how they are used).  I've not used them before, but they may be more manageable than the interface currently is, since it does not report errors very well (IMHO ;-) ).

As always, those who know more than me about this are welcome to make corrections where needed.

Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150