[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] keyword searching question

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Sep 14 09:22:47 EDT 2010

Gordana,

A nontechnical explanation -- pretty much every field, even the 050. Which can mean some odd results since the search can return titles where the term retrieved is across two subfields -- the end of one and the beginning of another (rare, but it does happen, unfortunately I don't remember an example). A recent keyword search I did in the PINES catalog to find "hitory" returned records with the Japanese name "Hitori".

It can take a little digging to find out why a record was returned since the keyword search brings up things like "hitori" for "hitory" (matches exactly sometimes helps).

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128