[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] IRC developer meeting: Documentation - more followup

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Tue Sep 14 13:21:31 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Just some more followup from the DEV meeting:

1) I created a script to automate docBook generation and just need to set up the time in a cron job.
The script does the following:
a. pull changes from the github repository to the local server to get the latest edition.
b. copy the media files to the web directory
c. run the docbook generation script to process the files to HTML and PDF in the web directory.

The question is how often do we want this to run - nightly?
 I should point out that this might be unnecessary at this time since Steve Sheppard and I are the only people committing directly into the repository. I usually regenerate the DocBook files whenever I make changes for testing purposes. However, this automation may be more critical in the future when more are involved.

2) "Web committee member needs to email the DIG list requesting a contact." Anything develop on this front? Are the questions from the Web committee more policy or technical questions? Is the Web Committee thinking about finding a permanent home for the documentation or figuring out how to link to it? Could this resolve the "integration between evergreen-ils.org and the manual" issue which came up at the meeting?

Thanks,
Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.