[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Issue with OPAC display on Firefox

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Mon Sep 27 10:39:35 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm reviving this thread, because there has been a recent uptick of these complaints from PINES library patrons and staff as well. We're running Evergreen 1.4.0.7. We have not been able to investigate this closely because reports we've gotten are not detailed enough for viewing logs usefully.

Example descriptions:

" I've had several complaints from both staff and patrons that the PINES catalog stops loading at a blank white page. This is happening within Evergreen and more frequently when visiting gapines.org via a web browser. It seems to be independent of our network as patrons are having this issue at home. Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do/tell patrons how to fix this?"

" What I have found is that I get a completely blank screen with Done in the status bar but that if I hit reload I then will get the expected response. My version of Firefox is completely up-to-date. This does NOT happen if I use Firefox from work."

"Our patrons are having difficulty logging into "my account" on the gapines.org website. Patrons enter their library card number and PIN; but, the page doesn't proceed any further. When I attempted to do log in using my card from the gapines home page, all the possible options appeared below the initial login text boxes. Again, the page didn't proceed to the next step. the green blips just continued to stream across at the bottom as if it were trying to log me in."

That last description *may* be related to the IE8 breakage issue that we're aware of, but it's not what normally happens with IE8. It also seems to happen from outside of our libraries (which are on a shared dedicated network).

Has anyone else seen this happen?

Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service