[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Custom client possible?

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Tue Sep 28 14:58:45 EDT 2010

Quoting bookworm2010 at xemaps.com:

> Is it possible for an end user (i.e. member of the public) to write
> his own client to query the library catalog instead of using the
> OPAC? If so what are the related resources (documentation, sample
> code, forum/email list, etc)? The ideal solution would be a set of
> js functions for making queries, placing hold, logging in,
> retrieving patron's record, etc. Thx.

You might get a better answer on the dev list, but I'll point you to this:

http://evergreen-ils.org/~denials/workshop.html

It explains the main architecture behind how Evergreen functions and
has some examples of doing requests via JavaScript. Note that you will
need to be able to authenticate in order to do anything interesting.

Jason Stephenson
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium