[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Problem with Cataloger Permissions

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Sep 28 15:36:12 EDT 2010

Hello Dimitri,

One other thing to pursue: I believe I also saw that error when we set
up a new user, confirmed permissions for VIEW_ORG_SETTINGS, **but** then
tried to test the new password from a staff client workstation different
from that used by the new user.  And that different workstation belonged
to a staff person with different Org Unit settings/ permissions.

I think this happened to me even logged in as the admin user. I would
test the new password with Admin > Operation Change: new  but I would
still get that error. Same with a colleague who set up a staff account
recently (his working location unit didn't match that of the new user).
But when new user logged in at his workstation (after we explicitly set
working location), he had no problem.

I didn't try it, but I would then expect my error to disappear if I
reset my org unit to match that of the new user when testing with
"Operator Change: new".

Otherwise, not sure what else to try.

George
NRCan Library