[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Wanted: Sample MFHD Records for Testing and Demonstration

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Apr 4 17:06:22 EDT 2011

Hello all,

As part of this years conference, Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley and I will be presenting on some of the serials capabilities in Evergreen 2.0, and probably a few things in Evergreen 2.1.  For a portion of the demonstration, we are considering looking at a sample of MFHD records as exported from various other ILS systems, then explaining what steps are necessary to get from that record (or set of records) to a working serial control setup.  Our hope in this plan is twofold: first, that we can better understand areas needing development, and second, that we can set some realistic expectations about what is achievable in automating the import of serial control and holdings data from legacy systems.

If you would like to contribute to this effort, please consider posting (or sending to me directly) a small set of serial MFHD records as exported from your current (or previous) ILS.  It may also be beneficial to have the accompanying bibliographic records if possible.  When posting, please let us know which system the records were created in, and also any information you feel is pertinent about how the records were created or exported.

Thank you,
Dan

Daniel Wells, Library Programmer Analyst dbw2 at calvin.edu
Hekman Library at Calvin College