[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Open-ILS email list archives - an unusual request

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Tue Apr 5 09:58:53 EDT 2011

There appear to be 8 or 9 messages specifically for people asking to
be removed or those answering them in the general archives (at a quick
glance). If we remove or edit any of those threads should we do the
same to all of them? Or just wait until the given people complain?

I am not sure I would be a fan of editing the archive in general.

A person's name isn't exactly "private" or "sensitive" information to
begin with, although a case could (but I don't think should) be made
for their email address/name combination. Still, I don't think that
someone's name shows up associated with an action they actually took
warrants editing the archives because they regret taking the action.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium