[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Open-ILS email list archives - an unusual request

Niles Ingalls nilesi at zionsville.lib.in.us
Tue Apr 5 13:26:25 EDT 2011

> So, do I (we) approve the deletion of the thread in question, possibly corrupting a complete archive of Evergreen's email history, but respecting this privacy concern?  Or do I (we) apologetically say that we want to keep a complete archive of list emails and will do our best in the future to communicate better about the "public" nature of our lists?

Unless you are legally obligated to do so, I would respond with a firm no.

Niles Ingalls
UNIX & Web Administrator
Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library
250 N. Fifth Street
P.O. Box 840
Zionsville, IN. 46077

Phone   317-873-3149 x13280
Fax     317-873-8339

"Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem." - Woody Allen