[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Bib/item import question

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Fri Apr 15 09:47:37 EDT 2011

We load bibs for downloadable ebooks and audiobooks for a group of
libraries. Our current system allows us to load item information without an
item barcode and the system generates a dummy barcode as it loads the item.
Can Evergreen do that? My first test didn't work: no barcode = no item. I
was wondering if I missed something. (This is a case where we don't want to
use 856 subfield 9 because we'd need about 20 856s to get the bibs to
display to the subscribing libraries, and it would be ugly. We'd prefer to
use dummy items instead.)

Thank you,

Mary

Mary Llewellyn