[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Template Toolkit status

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Mon Aug 1 11:30:16 EDT 2011

On 7/29/11 5:51 PM, Kathy Lussier wrote:
> Hi all,
> We've had several libraries interested in the status of Template
> Toolkit. I know that ESI has done a lot of work with the KCLS skin for
> Template Toolkit and that Conifer has been working on it as well. Is
> there a target timeframe for when the Template Toolkit catalog will be
> available in a general release or will be merged into the master branch?

Hi Kathy,

The plan is to merge the Template Toolkit code into Evergreen master
before (at the latest) the 2.2 feature freeze, so that it will be
included in Evergreen 2.2.  We have a few remaining TODO items (branch
merging, wiring things up), but I'm not anticipating any real
complications there.

The goal for 2.2 is to replace the slimpac by default and not (yet) to
replace the regular patron and staff-embedded OPAC.  However, it will be
possible to use T-pac for both with a small amount of configuration.

For more details on general TODO items see Dan's document:

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:opac:template-toolkit:todos&s[]=template&s[]=toolkit

-b

--
Bill Erickson