[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installation Problem

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Aug 12 02:15:41 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Stephen R. Westman
<stephen.westman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install evergreen on a computer and have run into a problem.
>  I have gone through all of the steps to install OpenSRF (using the
> directions at http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opensrf:2.0:install).
>  Everything seems to be OK.  However, when I start up the server using
>           osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all
> everything seems to come up OK.
> However, when I try to run the test at the bottom of the page, I get the
> following results:
> [opensrf at localhost ~]$ /openils/bin/srfsh
> srfsh# request opensrf.math add 2 2
>
> Received no data from server
>
> ------------------------------------
> Request Time in seconds: 0.003761

<snip log messages>

I get a similar set of messages in srfsh.log if I deliberately set the
password for the private router in opensrf_core.xml to an incorrect
value. Also, I see no opensrf.math service if I check for it in the
list of running services via "ps wax | grep math". Fixing the private
router password and restarting the services corrects the problem for
me.

Hopefully it is as simple as that.