[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding information to MARC records

Joseph Haig josephhaig at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 11:47:25 EDT 2011

When I import a record into my library it is possible to edit the MARC
and I would like to add a local classification to each book as it is
entered. Is there a rule that I need to follow for deciding what lines
I should use and is there a way to configure Evergreen to display this
extra information?

I'm afraid I am a software engineer and not a librarian so some things
that are simple to most people on this list are confusing to me.

Regards,

Joe